Cllr P Fisher (Chair)
Cllr G Jones (Borough Council)
Cllr S Tudor
Cllr I Moran
Cllr A Hemming
Cllr E Philpott
Cllr D Bentley
Cllr V O’Dunne
Cllr C Hurst
Also In attendance:
Mrs K St Leger (Clerk)
A member of the public
- Apologies – No apologies were received.
- Declarations of Interest – Cllr Jones declared an interest in item 5.
- Written applications for dispensations under the Localism Act 2011 – There were no written applications for dispensation.
- Minutes of 1 December 2020 were accepted as a true record.
- Planning Application Reference 20/33508/FUL at plot to rear 75 Longton Road Barlaston, described as proposed residential development consisting of 1 No. detached dwelling with detached double garage and vehicular access which will extend from the existing access. Pedestrian access is proposed to the public footpath which runs along the west side boundary. It was noted this application had been submitted for consideration in 2018 SBC planning officers decided this property was within the settlement boundary and not outside. The Borough granted approval as the drive had been adopted under a previous application. It was noted however that the garden is in the green belt. This application did not reflect the outline planning application; the garden is outside the settlement boundary; the garage is a new addition, and the position of the house has moved. It is therefore a new application and cannot be compared to the outline planning application. It was also noted the application makes not referenced to the Neighbourhood Plan and the policies contained therein which failed to meet planning policy. It was resolved to reject this planning application and for Cllr Fisher and the Clerk to formalise a response accordingly.
6. Date of next Meeting 2 February 2021